Why such a web site ? The answer here.
This website is undergoing translation from French into English. Visit often as more and more articles are made available. Original site in French here.
Bill Johnson, lead pastor of Bethel Church, addresses some of the controversies concerning Bethel Church. Click to read the article.
What is dominionism? Simply put, it is the Christians’ dominion over the world, a theology preached by the New Apostolic Reformation movement, among others. Find out the details of this extremist theology.
Join the online prayer network.
Share this page:
Churches around the world are now swept by a wave of ideologies originating from across the Atlantic, in particular from Bethel Church in Redding, California, that resemble more the teachings of the New Age movement than the gospel of salvation.
Some go as far as seeking the anointing of “great men of God” on their tombs, using tuning forks to heal, and saying that the 528Hz tuning fork is the sound that holds the earth together. They practice “grounding” or “earthing,” a method consisting in soaking up the energy of the ground and recalibrating one’s hormones and cells by walking or standing barefoot. As crazy as it sounds, this is really happening.
Furthermore, spiritualism (or a fake form of it) is openly practiced at Bethel Church. Read the article on the topic.
Think you’ve never heard of the movement? Think again.
Their influence can be seen in the following:
- Many conferences held by Bethel Church speakers or New Apostolic Reformation speakers.
- Culture of Honor, by Danny Silk –> he comes from Bethel Church
- Healing rooms –> they come from Bethel Church
- Sozo –> it comes from Bethel Church
- Jesus Culture –> it comes from Bethel Church
- The book “When Heaven Invades Earth” –> it comes from Bethel Church
Video (duration: 4 min 08 sec)
Their beliefs and teachings include that:
- Jesus was only a man when he was on earth;
- We already live in the era in which Christians rule alongside Christ and we are seated in the heavenly places;
- God has put everything in subjection under our feet;
- Christians have to take back control over the earth just as Adam and Eve were supposed to have dominion over it (before the fall);
- Satan already lost his power and Christians exist to “torment the tormenter”;
- Christians are little gods with lowercase “g” and God is God with capital “G”;
- At the cross, Christians were delivered from sin, sickness, and poverty.
More details here.
Behind Bethel Church we find the New Apostolic Reformation. The movement is currently publishing a new “version” of the Bible in order to support its teachings. That version is not a translation: it uses the terminology of the movement and alters verses. Some parts are already available. Jehovah’s Witnesses once did the same; this practice is unfortunately nothing new. More details here.
This website exists as a source of information so that each person may be able to decide for themselves. Many websites already address the topic in English; this website was originally published in French, but after adding many insightful articles, translating it into English seemed to make sense.
Unfortunately, failing to read the Word of God and keeping at a distance what should be our spiritual food prevents us from discerning evil influences.
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2 Timothy 4:3
Share this page: